Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Another Family Connection - Laloli

I need to write a new chapter to my family tree briefing. A chapter that includes a family connection here in Gordevio which is not a Giorgi descendant but rather connected to a spouse of a Giorgi:

On Sunday we enjoyed a wonderful family meal at the Gordevio home of Claudio Facchi and his wife Teresita. Claudio's family connection to me is through my Nana's mom Giuseppina Laloli (wife of Bernardo Giorgi). Giuseppina Laloli's brother was Claudio's grandfather (his mother's father).

Deb and I had not had an opportunity to meet Claudio nor his wife and two children during our prior visits so it was very special to finally put faces with names I had heard so many times. During this visit I learned that Claudio had been to the USA three times beween 1970 and 1983, the first two times by himself and the last time with his wife. During this last trip they visited mom and dad and developed a closeness that grew during mom and dad's trips to Gordevio.
It was fun and informative to be able to get to meet and spend time with Claudio and Teresita, and meet their son. They also have a daughter who I didn't meet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear family, we are following your trip through the Internet and enjoy it very much. The description of the sightseeing and of enjoying the Swiss meals, the shops, cemetaries and churches is heartwarming. We wished we could be there! In our thoughts we do. Enjoy and keep on writing Noel, love to you and Wilmar from Joke and Wietse from Holland

Anonymous said...

Noel

I am enjoying your postings. Say Hello to our common relatives. Your hosts G & V were our hosts in 2004. Give our love to all. Take a lot of pictures. Enjoy your wonderful heritage.